INFODATE OF BIRTH: December 8, 1977 HOMETOWN: South Bend, IN CURRENT RESIDENCE: Statesville, NC SPOUSE: Krissie CHILDREN: Brooklyn Sage
Ashlyn Olivia EDUCATION: Purdue University, Bachelor of Science degree 2001, Vehicle Structure Engineering HOBBIES: Fishing
Restoring classic cars
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES STATS(THROUGH 2012)CAREER STARTS: 404 CAREER WINS: 16 CAREER TOP 5's: 87 CAREER TOP 10's: 166 CAREER POLES: 49 FIRST START: November 5, 2000 (Phoenix) FIRST FULL SEASON: 2002 FIRST WIN: September 15, 2002 (New Hampshire) FIRST POLE: May 24, 2001 (Charlotte) BEST POINTS FINISH: 6th ('02, '03, '05)
About Stewart-Haas Racing
Stewart-Haas Racing is the title-winning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team co-owned by three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart and Gene Haas, founder of Haas Automation – the largest CNC machine tool builder in the western world. The team fields two entries in the elite Sprint Cup Series – the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevrolet Impala for Stewart and the No. 39 Quicken Loans Chevrolet Impala for 2008 Daytona 500 winner Ryan Newman. Based in Kannapolis, NC, Stewart-Haas Racing operates out of a 140,000-square-foot facility with more than 160 employees. For more information, please visit us at StewartHaasRacing.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/StewartHaasRacing, and on Twitter @StewartHaasRcng.
Career Cup Highlights
- Earned 2002 Rookie of the Year title and set the rookie record for poles (6) and for top-10 finishes (22). Became only the second driver to win the prestigious All-Star Race in his rookie season.
- Led the Sprint Cup Series in poles in 2002 (6), 2003 (11), 2004 (9), 2005 (8) and 2011 (tied with five drivers with 3 poles).
- Won at least one Cup pole in 11 consecutive seasons.
- Led the Sprint Cup Series in wins (8) in 2003.
- Won the 50th Running of the Daytona 500 in 2008.
- Scored first win with Stewart-Haas Racing on April 10, 2010, at Phoenix International Raceway.
- Tied for 9th with Bobby Isaac for all-time in career poles (49).
Why Ryan Newman and Quicken Loans?
Let’s face it. The decision to jump in to NASCAR was a big one for Quicken Loans. There are a number of drivers and race teams in the sport, so why did we choose Ryan Newman and Stewart-Haas Racing?
After doing our homework, it was an easy decision. No driver out there synced up as well with our company’s philosophies and DNA like Ryan.
When it comes to racing cars, Ryan and his crew are engineered for pure speed. When it comes to financing homes, Quicken Loans is unsurpassed in getting you to the finish line of your home loan faster than the other guys.
Ryan is a Midwestern boy with a degree in engineering, and Quicken Loans is a Detroit-based company that is Engineered to Amaze!