INFODATE OF BIRTH: December 8, 1977 HOMETOWN: South Bend, IN CURRENT RESIDENCE: Statesville, NC SPOUSE: Krissie CHILDREN: Brooklyn Sage
Ashlyn Olivia EDUCATION: Purdue University, Bachelor of Science degree 2001, Vehicle Structure Engineering HOBBIES: Fishing
Restoring classic cars
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES STATS(THROUGH 2013)CAREER STARTS: 444 CAREER WINS: 17 CAREER TOP 5's: 93 CAREER TOP 10's: 186 CAREER POLES: 51 FIRST START: November 5, 2000 (Phoenix) FIRST FULL SEASON: 2002 FIRST WIN: September 15, 2002 (New Hampshire) FIRST POLE: May 24, 2001 (Charlotte) BEST POINTS FINISH: 6th ('02, '03, '05)
About Richard Childress Racing
Richard Childress Racing (www.rcrracing.com) has earned more than 200 victories and 15 championships, including six in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with the legendary Dale Earnhardt. RCR was the first organization to win championships in the Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Its 2014 Sprint Cup Series lineup includes two-time NASCAR champion Austin Dillon (No. 3 Dow/Cheerios Chevrolet), 2011 Brickyard 400 champion Paul Menard (No. 27 Menards Chevrolet) and 2008 Daytona 500 champion Ryan Newman (No. 31 Caterpillar/Quicken Loans/WIX Filters Chevrolet). Its Nationwide Series program includes Brian Scott (No. 2 Shore Lodge Chevrolet), 2012 Camping World Truck Series rookie of the year Ty Dillon (No. 3 Bass Pro Shops/WESCO/Yuengling Light Lager Chevrolet), Brendan Gaughan (No. 62 South Point Hotel and Casino Chevrolet) and a multi-driver lineup with the No. 33 Menards Chevrolet team.
Career Cup Highlights
- Earned 2002 Rookie of the Year title and set the rookie record for poles (6) and for top-10 finishes (22). Became only the second driver to win the prestigious All-Star Race in his rookie season.
- Led the Sprint Cup Series in poles in 2002 (6), 2003 (11), 2004 (9), 2005 (8) and 2011 (tied with five drivers with 3 poles).
- Won at least one Cup pole in 11 consecutive seasons.
- Led the Sprint Cup Series in wins (8) in 2003.
- Won the 50th Running of the Daytona 500 in 2008.
- Scored first win with Stewart-Haas Racing on April 10, 2010, at Phoenix International Raceway.
- Tied for 9th with Bobby Isaac for all-time in career poles (49).
- 2008 – won Daytona 500
- 2010 – won Subway Fresh Fit at Phoenix
- 2012 – won Goody’s Fast Relief 500 Martinsville
- 2013 – won Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis
Why Ryan Newman and Quicken Loans?
Let’s face it. The decision to jump in to NASCAR was a big one for Quicken Loans. There are a number of drivers and race teams in the sport, so why did we choose Ryan Newman and Richard Childress Racing?
After doing our homework, it was an easy decision. No driver out there synced up as well with our company’s philosophies and DNA like Ryan.
When it comes to racing cars, Ryan and his crew are engineered for pure speed. When it comes to financing homes, Quicken Loans is unsurpassed in getting you to the finish line of your home loan faster than the other guys.
Ryan is a Midwestern boy with a degree in engineering, and Quicken Loans is a Detroit-based company that is Engineered to Amaze!